Scope of Service:
Personal Information means any information that may result in the identification of an individual, like full name, email address, mobile number etc. Non-Personal Information means any information that does not result in the identification of an Individual.
Sensitive Personal Data:
Sensitive Personal data refers to the information of a person that is more sensitive in nature including but not limited to passwords, financial information such as bank account, credit card, debit card or other payment details, physical, physiological, and mental health condition, sexual orientation, aadhaar details, medical records and history and biometric information (including but not limited to Finger prints, Eye retina and irises, Voice patterns, Facial patterns, Hand measurement, DNA)
The personal data which is freely available to us or accessible in public domain or information furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force or information furnished under the directives of regulatory/statutory body shall not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Data.
We are committed to protect the privacy of personal information shared by you either through online or offline and/or any personal information which may be collected by us, affiliated entities, subsidiaries, our representatives or agents/agencies or our server from the User’s browser.
Collection of Personal Information:
The personal information pertaining to your identity and demographics shall be collected by us for enabling us to provide better services to you. Usage of your Personal Information:
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us to respond to your individual needs in a better way.
- To verify your identity as per applicable laws
- To improve your experience with our website – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to respond to your service requests and support needs more effectively
- To process your transactions easily
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature – We shall reachout to you when we are conducting any contests or surveys. You may opt out if you do not wish to be included
- To send periodic emails, SMSs & WhatsApp messages – The email address or mobile number that you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To keep you informed about our new products or services unless you unsubscribe to our emails
- To carry out research and analysis to study customer use and experience on an anonymous or personalized basis
- Other usages that you may consent to including WhatsApp for Business
Processing of Aadhaar details:
MFL will collect and process the Aadhaar card as per Aadhar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies Benefits and Services) Act 2016 and Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Act, 2019. Currently MFL is not a live Authentication User Agency (AUA) or e-KYC User Agency User Agencies (KUA). However, MFL is allowed to do offline KYC (which is the method by which the QR code in the Aadhaar card is scanned by the scanning device and the static data is populated in the system), but not doing Offline KYC at present.
MFL will collect copy of Aadhaar card of its customers as one of the KYC documents. MFL have a clear and stringent process in place defined by its Operations and Internal Audit team to secure the personal information mentioned in such copy of Aadhaar card. MFL Branch staff have been instructed to keep the copy of Aadhaar card safely under Lock and Key. MFL Branch staff is also instructed to redact/mask/black out the first 8 digits of the Aadhaar number and make visible the last 4 digits for future business reference. The process is verified on a regular basis by the Internal Auditors as part of their Audit at MFL Branch. Additionally, MFL have also taken all precautionary steps to prevent the misuse of your Aadhaar details.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. MFL may, however, share personal information to our group companies, for providing better services to you, if you expressly consent to do so.
Acknowledgment of the User:
You agree that MFL and /or MPG shall have every right to use the Information to initiate the dialogue with you with respect to various products, services and other allied and necessary requirements as may be deemed necessary by MFL.
You acknowledge that you are completely aware about the potential risk of data/privacy breach and hereby confirms that you shall be solely liable for any unauthorized disclosure/breach personal/sensitive personal information, etc and any direct/indirect losses suffered. Hence, you shall exercise utmost caution to ensure that your information is NOT shared/stored/made accessible through:
(i) any physical means with or without your knowledge (disclosure to any person/third party; etc) or (ii) through any electronic means, by exercising the following precautions/safety measures:
- You shall always check if “https” appears in any website’s address bar before making any online transaction, to ensure that the webpage is encrypted.
- You shall avoid using third party extensions, plug-ins, or add-ons on the/your web browser, as it may result in the risk of tracking or stealing of personal details.
- You shall always type the information and not use the auto-fill option on web browser to prevent the risk of storage of my personal/sensitive personal information.
- You shall NOT access darknet, unauthorized/suspicious websites, suspicious online platforms, downloading applications from unreliable sources.
- You shall ensure to disable cookies before accessing any domain/website, to ensure that your personal information is not tracked by any third party, unless otherwise consciously permitted by you by accepting the same, for which, you are solely responsible for the consequences thereof.
- You shall NOT respond to any generic emails from an unknown/unidentified source.
- You shall always verify and install authentic web/mobile applications from reliable source on User’s computer/laptop/tab/ipad/smart phone or any other electronic device.
- You shall NOT to access any unidentified weblinks, bitly link or any other electronic links shared over electronic platform (such as email, sms, social media, websites)
Protection of Personal Information:
We implement a variety of security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Further our employees who have limited access to your personal information are bound by Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Policies. You will appreciate the fact that no method of transmission, whether in physical form or over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and maybe subjected to unintentional risks, due to reasons beyond our control.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties comply with applicable laws and agree to keep this information confidential.
- Your Personal Information may be transferred to outside parties under following circumstances: We may share the personal information with other Group Companies or other trusted entities or agents or representative who act on our behalf to call and communicate with you about products offerings through Telephone/Mobile/SMS/Email/Whatsapp.
- We may share the personal information with the statutory and/or regulatory authorities, government institutions where required for compliance with legal requirement.
- We may use the personal information to respond to court orders or legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may share the personal information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share the personal information in order to protect or enforce our rights and claims.
Retention of Personal Information:
We will retain your Personal information for as long as necessary to provide you the services, or for complying with our statutory/regulatory obligations, resolving disputes, defending the claims, and enforcing our policies.
In case if you may want to share your concern, we welcome you to easily reach out to us through multiple contact options displayed on our website https://www.muthootfincorp.com/ and www.muthoot.com
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you. Or just call us now.