Health Insurance by Muthoot FinCorp
Health issues and medical emergencies require immediate attention and adequate financial support to meet the cost of treatments. They de-rail your daily earnings and/or take too much out too suddenly from your daily earnings, leaving inadequate money in hand for day to day living. Medical insurance plans are the backbone of a family which ensure they are getting the right treatment at the right time and life of the entire family is not imapcted. Muthoot Blue Health Insurance plans and policies are designed to meet your medical expenses from doctor’s consultation to hospitalisation costs. Walk into your nearest Muthoot FinCorp branch or call us at 1800 102 1616 for more details.
Why is Medical Insurance Important?
With the cost of medical treatments increasing day-by-day, paying for an expensive and necessary procedure may not be possible with your daily or monthly income. Instead pay a very reasonable premium every year for the suitable Muthoot Blue Health Insurance policy and get adequate & life-saving protection, when the emergency strikes. . An insurance policy for medical needs is a safeguard against a financial strain in case there is an illness or accident in the family. You can approach Muthoot FinCorp directly - call us at our toll free number 1800 102 1616 or visit the nearest Muthoot FinCorp branch to get started. , Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, also provides a tax rebate of up to Rs 25,000 on purchase of medical insurance for self and dependents. The Muthoot Blue Health Insurance can be bought online too. It covers the pre and post hospitalisations costs along with costs related to doctor’s consultation and diagnostic tests.
How does Muthoot Blue Health Insurance work?
At Muthoot FinCorp, we have made the process of getting the claim for your medical treatment hassle-free and quick. We understand that you need to concentrate on getting your health back and provide comfort to your family member without worrying about payments and costs. We are here to ease the process for you and have designed two ways in which you can utilise our medical health insurance - cashless or reimbursement.
Muthoot Blue makes getting treatment easier and faster with the cashless option wherein you get treatment at our partner or empanelled hospital. You have to show your insurance card, and get treatment. The hospital will directly send the medical bills and cost to us, and we will make the payments as per your policy. You can concentrate on your recovery while we take care of the costs.
We are aware that it might not be possible to visit our partner hospital at all times. We give you the option of making the payment at the hospital, and once you furnish the bills and invoices, we reimburse the appropriate amount as per your policy and cover, to your registered bank account.
Types of Medical Insurance plans
The different types of health insurance plans that we offer can be classified into the following categories:
Covers the medical costs incurred by an individual policyholder for an illness, hospitalisation, accident, etc.... read more Premiums for the plans are affected by your age, location, and medical history.
Family Floater Plans
Covers the medical costs incurred by the policyholder and the family members mentioned on the policy for an ... read more illness, hospitalisation, on the policy for an illness, hospitalisation, accident, etc. The combined premium balances out the cost of claims if one or more members need treatment as the sum assured is a total of the covers for many people.
Senior Citizen Plans
Realising the need for extra care required by senior citizens as they age, we offer insurance cover for medical... read more costs incurred by senior citizens.
Overseas Medical Plans
If you are travelling to a foreign country, you can choose our overseas plans covering medical emergencies for... read more students, professionals, business people and tourists
Group Insurance Plans
You can choose to provide health insurance to your ... read more employees. Premiums are usually low for extra cover.
Which Types of Medical Health Insurance Cover will suit you?
The importance of Health Insurance cannot be stressed enough, and we realise that you and your family will have unique needs with regards to your policies. Choosing the right policy is critical to get the desired cover and here, we share with you the extra cover you should look at before you buy a healthcare insurance cover.
Critical Illness Cover
- The treatments covered are Cancer, paralysis, organ transplant, kidney failure and so on
- Medical costs for pregnant women and new-borns are covered under this plan.
Pre-existing Disease Cover
- You can choose to cover the medical costs of a pre-existing disease with our health insurance plan
Hospital Cash Cover
- If you are hospitalised, the cash you spend for doctors fees and others is covered under the insurance plans.
- The insurance provides cover for medical expenses incurred by the policyholder when they are traveling to a foreign country.
- The cover is extended to cancer patients or those who are at risk to develop the deadly disease
- Doctor’s consultation, medicines and tests are covered here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Health insurance provides coverage for the cost of any medical or surgical needs of the insured. You pay a small amount as premium and in return you are insured against medical costs you incur during illnesses, accidents and surgeries. Depending on the type of policy, the costs may either be reimbursed to you or paid directly to the service provider/ hospital (cashless facility).
The cost of medical care has been rising faster than the average inflation in the economy. The rising costs has taken quality healthcare in case of medical emergencies out of the reach of many. Health insurance makes it possible to pay for healthcare without burning a hole in your pocket. A policy ensures that you get the best healthcare without having to worry about the cost.
It is very easy to get health insurance from us for yourself and your family. You can contact us on the toll free number 1800 102 1616 or visit a Muthoot FinCorp branch near you. We offer the last mile presence, with over 3500 branches across India. Our customer care representatives will be happy to help you complete the process of getting the right health insurance for your needs.
If you cancel your health insurance policy during the free look period, you can get the premium reimbursed after operational charges are deducted. Please note refunds are not possible if you have made a claim against your medical health policy.
The aim of health insurance is to get the maximum cover possible and here are what you should look at:
- Do you need the policy for an individual or are you interested in a group insurance policy?
- What are the types of cover you require from the policy? You can choose between critical illness cover, maternity benefit, cancer cover, overseas medical and more.
- Do you want to opt for cashless or reimbursement? Remember, cashless is always more convenient as the papers are sent by the hospitals to us and we bear the cost directly.
- Are you looking for lower premiums – When choosing a medical insurance plan, you have to ensure you are getting the maximum cover possible. Ask our representative to discuss the various plans with you, to make an informed decision. Our plans are designed to meet regular doctor consultations and medical treatments to life-saving surgeries and operations.
Muthoot FinCorp ticks all the boxes of the right Medical Insurance Company. We offer you several benefits including a last mile presence in India, ease of getting insurance, quick processes for claim reimbursement and the highest cover possible for medical costs you are likely to incur. Compare the covers for the different policies we offer – individual health insurance, family floater plans, critical illness cover, maternity benefits, pre-existing diseases cover, senior citizen plans, overseas medical cover and more. Contact our customer care representative at 1800-102-1616 or visit a Muthoot FinCorp branch near you for more details.
Your health insurance claims can be rejected for multiple reasons, including:
- Not declaring pre-existing illness
- Making a claim for something excluded from coverage
- Lack of correct information
- Crossing the sub-limits
- Failure to renew the health care insurance policy
To avoid rejection, make sure you have read through the policy terms and conditions or discuss them with our customer care executive. Also, ensure that you have shared your correct medical history with us at the time of purchasing the health insurance.
Why Choose Muthoot Blue for Insurance Policy For A Medical Cover?
Muthoot Blue (Muthoot Pappachan Group) has a reputation that has been shaped over decades with high-quality practices, total customer satisfaction, and steady growth. Today, Muthoot FinCorp, our flagship company, is one of the largest NBFCs in India and we continue to work with the aim of providing timely credit to common man with Blue Soch. Hence, our medical insurance plans and policies are designed to ensure you have the financial support for all your medical needs and emergencies!
- We have over 4200 branches across India. Visit your nearest Muthoot Blue branch to get a loan quickly and without any hassle.
- Nearly 1,00,000 customers walk into our branches daily and are assured of trustworthy and simple services.
- Our customer-centric approach and innovation over the past 133+ years without compromising on the God-given values of trust, truth, transparency and tradition is what helps us in empowering the human ambitions.
Over 3600 branches across India
133+ years of legacy
18,000 Muthootians serving millions of customers
Walk in of over 1,00,000 customers a day